Monday, April 29, 2013

GRAPEFRUIT

Honestly, when is summer going to come?! It's suppose to snow again this week. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that is it APRIL and snowing. Oh, silly Colorado. A couple weeks ago Luke and I made a trip down to our hometown- Phoenix. Where we soaked up the beautiful spring weather, stayed outside until late and embraced the blooming flowers. I will share some photos of our trip soon! :)
One of our favorite childhood memories is having some kind of citrus tree in each of our yards. Luke had a large grapefruit tree that brought him shade in the summers. My family had lemon trees that produced more than enough for a family of 6 each season! Orange groves were always on our walks to school where we would snatch one or two. This trip I took home several grapefruits! The next day we got home from Phoenix, it snowed. So I squeezed those grapefruits and made some juice, sat next to our space heater, closed my eyes and pretended I was back in AZ. It was just what I needed!


Squeeze 1-2 grapefruits per person
Pour over strainer (if you don't want pulp)
Add ice
+ I added a touch of sugar to the rim. Delicious! 
(if too tart you can add a bit of water, ummmm or sparkling water! yum, that sounds good too!)



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4506895/?claim=gjm8bdk6pkk">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

09 10