Saturday, February 8, 2014

2.8.2014 // STUCK INSIDE






It's snowing in Portland!
 I know the majority of the states are used to snow but it's definitely a big deal here! It's even more awesome, that the city of Portland apparently only owns 2 snow plows. This means Portland has basically shut down. Instead of people braving the roads with their cars they have taken out their sleds and cross country skis to zip through the neighborhoods. I have literally seen at least one person ski by our house once every 15min! So great. Luke and I have been entertained, that's for sure. 
Today was spent inside with our PJ's on, relaxing with our kitties and taking in the beautiful view out our front porch. I love feeling as though we have a legitimate reason not to leave the house. It finally gives me a chance to open a book, work on crocheting projects and bake some cookies!

Here's to snow days! 

2 comments:

Mallory Guinee said...

Looks so lovely! Also I'm another Mallory and I got the same Anthro mug for Christmas! :) Cheers!

Stephanie Vainer said...

Being stuck indoors can have some benefits, like finishing the book I've been meaning to read & making my moms cake recipe. Ontario Canada has literally 10 feet of snow and its currently -11 (and thats a warm day!) lol needless to say I enjoyed your post!

Stephanie
http://www.whimsicalappeal.com

09 10